About the Lavergne
At Lavergne, we believe that there is enough plastic on earth to meet our future needs without ever creating new virgin plastic.
We are a Canadian company located in Anjou, in operation since 1986, and we have become the world leader in the production of sustainable engineering resin made from recycled plastic. Thanks to our unique know-how in polymer chemistry, our R&D experts and our ultra-modern facilities located around the world, we are able to offer specialized products and services adapted to the needs of major customers worldwide, in fields such as the automotive industry, electronics, as well as household appliances and furniture. We work in partnership with global leaders such as HP, Keurig, Dyson and others.
If you want to help protect the planet and be part of a winning team in a growing market, join us.
Overview of the Position
The electromechanic class II is responsible for the corrective, preventive and predictive maintenance of production equipment. He ensures the proper operation of the equipment. He must see to the integration and adjustment of new equipment while ensuring that everyone can deal with the new equipment. Finally, he must actively participate in the development of future needs.
• Answering service calls using the maintenance software ;
• Checking and making sure that the equipment is working properly;
• Perform troubleshooting and make the necessary corrections as quickly as possible in order to restart production;
• Carry out electrical troubleshooting in automated systems. Read and understand plans.
• Adjust machines, check parts for wear and tear and repair or replace defective parts;
• Perform corrective, preventive and predictive maintenance;
• Performs various assemblies on projects of all kinds: Assembles machines and equipment, installs equipment;
• Responsible for detecting any anomaly and reporting it to the maintenance supervisor in order to avoid mechanical breakdowns;
• Participates in various equipment improvement projects;
• Carries out structural design, machinery assembly; Carries out structural design, machinery assembly
• Participate in the start-up of new equipment in order to validate their efficiency;
• Machining of parts using machine tools (lathes, milling machines, etc…)
• Participate in the drafting of technical instructions and operating procedures.
• Training and evaluation of new electro-mechanics
• Carry out duties in accordance with established health and safety policies and standards;
• Carry out his tasks according to the work instructions and procedures established under the TS 16949 quality program;
• Carry out any other task related to his duties assigned by his immediate superior.
The competencies required to perform the position of Electromechanic Class II are as follows:
1. D.E.P. electromechanical technician ;
2. 5-10 years experience
3. Mastery of mig, tig, coated electrode, braising welding methods.
4. Complex structural assembly ;
5. Technical knowledge in automated systems, electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, machinery and welding ;
6. Knowledge of Maximo maintenance software (asset) ;
7. Forklift drivers card ;
8. Clear and efficient communication ;
9. Good organizational and planning skills ;
10. Good understanding of the organization’s activities;
11. Good judgement ;
12. Ability to work alone and as part of a team.
13. Adequate performance on the internal test of mechanical and electrical logic
14. Speaks French
40 hours/week From 6:30 am to 3:30 pm
Salaries and Bonuses
$26.80 to $32.00 /hour
What We Offer
• Permanent, full-time employment,
• A company at the cutting edge of technology and concerned about the environment
• Group insurance (dental and medical plan)
• Opportunities for advancement
• Sick days
• Free parking
• Uniforms provided
• Work equipment provided
• Very accessible public transportation
• Workplace Anjou