About the Lavergne
At Lavergne, we believe that there is enough plastic on earth to meet our future needs without ever creating new virgin plastic.
We are a Canadian company located in Anjou, in operation since 1986, and we have become the world leader in the production of sustainable engineering resin made from recycled plastic. Thanks to our unique know-how in polymer chemistry, our R&D experts and our ultra-modern facilities located around the world, we are able to offer specialized products and services adapted to the needs of major customers worldwide, in fields such as the automotive industry, electronics, as well as household appliances and furniture. We work in partnership with global leaders such as HP, Keurig, Dyson and others.
If you want to help protect the planet and be part of a winning team in a growing market, join us.
Overview of the Position
This position is based in North America and with purpose of developing new business with brand owners and manufacturers. It requires a candidate with experience in solution-based sales experience in the field of plastic manufacturing. This position will be responsible for developing new business with new clients.
- Selling Lavergne products and services by establishing and maintaining relationships with key decision makers within the client’s organization, making product recommendations, and closing sales
- Generating new business by networking, cold calling and market knowledge.
- Developing an annual business plan in collaboration with sales team
- Focusing on new business within North America but with consideration for global opportunities
- Strong focus on closing business
- Ability to quote new business from initial concepts through to the start of production.
- Tracking monthly, quarterly and yearly sales and develop action plans to increase long term sales growth.
- Connecting regularly with the rest of the sales team and R&D to keep up to date with the industry.
- Managing sales calls to optimize efficient travel and time.
- Developing a detailed plan and activity reports for each prospect.
- Ability to work with and manage local indirect assets (reps, agents, distributors).
- Representing Lavergne at special events.
- Any other activities as specified by director – Global Sales
- Post Secondary education in Business and/or Technical fields
- Minimum of 5 years solution-based sales experience in the field of plastic
- Strong aptitude in prospecting and closing new business with a long (12+ month) sales cycle
- Ability to travel internationally up to 50% of the time
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Good listener and sense of observation, and excellent mechanical aptitude
- Effective Communicator
Salaries and Bonuses
To be discussed according to experience
What We Offer
- Permanent, full-time employment,
- A company at the cutting edge of technology and concerned about the environment
- Opportunities for advancement
- Work equipment provided
- Travel and work expenses covered by the company