About the Lavergne
At Lavergne, we believe that there is enough plastic on earth to meet our future needs without ever creating new virgin plastic.
We are a Canadian company located in Montreal, in operation since 1986, and we have become the world leader in the production of sustainable engineering resin made from recycled plastic. Thanks to our unique know-how in polymer chemistry, our R&D experts and our ultra-modern facilities located around the world, we are able to offer specialized products and services adapted to the needs of major customers worldwide, in fields such as the automotive industry, electronics, as well as household appliances and furniture. We work in partnership with global leaders such as HP, Keurig, Dyson and others.
If you want to help protect the planet and be part of a winning team in a growing market, join us.
Overview of the Position
This position is based in North America and with purpose to provide sales assistance and technical service to our clients and brand owners. It requires a candidate with experience managing clients and programs with a background in plastics. This position will be responsible for selected current clients and to become responsible for new clients as they are added by the Business Development Team.
CLIENT MANAGEMENT & TECHNICAL SUPPORT
- Day to day client management
- Identify, close and launch of new programs at current clients
- Develop and implement a client plan to ensure client retention and growth
- Work with local agents (directly as required) to ensure that programs are successful with molders and contract manufacturers (CMs)
- Manage the successful launch of the initial program(s) with new clients
- Provide technical support to clients when new products are introduced and/or new applications are launched
- Observe and analyze clients’ and prospective clients’ operations to determine the optimal use of our products
- Respond to client service calls and discuss with clients to understand their expectations
- Working with the quality team in resolving client issues/complaints by assisting with thorough investigation, providing solutions, preparing reports and making recommendations to management.
- Assist trouble shooting for clients’ molding process and resin molding performance Perform follow-ups – routine follow-ups and client visits
- Assist clients by providing suggestions about their molding parameters to ensure optimal results with our products, and/or propose adjustments to our products (if necessary)
PRODUCT & APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT
- Prepare and conduct molding trials at clients’ locations to analyze the performance of our product(s) in clients’ tools
- Document molding trials at clients’ facilities and report the outcomes and recommendations to the R&D team
- Monitor the part approval process at clients’ locations and work together with R&D product development scientists to organize similar validation test in advance at Lavergne laboratory to validate product performance
- Understand clients’ technical requirements regarding part molding and provide the feedback to R&D product development scientists
- Any other activities as specified by director – Global Sales
- Post-Secondary education in Business and/or Technical fields
- Minimum of 5 years client management experience in the field of plastic Injection molding Sales experience is a plus
- Experience selling and managing technical sales and customer relations
- Ability to travel internationally up to 50% of the time
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Good listener and sense of observation, and excellent mechanical sense
- Effective Communicator
Salaries and Bonuses
To be discussed according to experience
What We Offer
- Permanent, full-time employment,
- A company at the cutting edge of technology and concerned about the environment
- Opportunities for advancement
- Work equipment provided
- Travel and work expenses covered by the company