About the Lavergne
At Lavergne, we believe that there is enough plastic on earth to meet our future needs without ever creating new virgin plastic.
We are a Canadian company located in Anjou, in operation since 1986, and we have become the world leader in the production of sustainable engineering resin made from recycled plastic. Thanks to our unique know-how in polymer chemistry, our R&D experts and our ultra-modern facilities located around the world, we are able to offer specialized products and services adapted to the needs of major customers worldwide, in fields such as the automotive industry, electronics, as well as household appliances and furniture. We work in partnership with global leaders such as HP, Keurig, Dyson and others.
If you want to help protect the planet and be part of a winning team in a growing market, join us.
Overview of the Position
Under the supervision of the laboratory director, the employee participates in research and development projects for new products, the promotion of new raw materials, new additives and the development of new analytical and cost reduction methods. The work in the laboratory involves the respect of ethics and standards (TS 16949 and ISO 17025).
- Gathers and prepares the mixtures according to the recipe developed by the project engineer
- Executes the extrusion operation on the pilot line.
- Prepares and/or injects the products for testing.
- Changes the injection mold according to the method required for the tests.
- Carries out all the tests required on the R&D form and gives accurate and reliable results according to the ISO 17025 international standard.
- Communicates relevant information to the project manager and/or superior as the case may be or any other information that could cause a delay in the execution of the project.
- Compile data, produce reports based on the tests performed.
- Maintains the operation of the pilot line.
- Operates and maintains the laboratory equipment.
- Communicate any defect or non-conformity of equipment to the person in charge of the equipment.
- Follows up on samples from customers, suppliers, the pilot line and industrial tests: sort samples, identify them, put them in inventory.
- Prepares samples for potential customers: obtains samples from the warehouse, weighs the sample, puts it in a packaging suitable for transport, creates
- the product label and sends it to the warehouse manager for shipping.
- Participates in the training of new technicians.
- Attends department meetings.
- Attends training.
- Ensures the cleanliness of the work environment.
- May have to replace a laboratory technician.
- Performs his/her duties in accordance with established health and safety policies and standards.
- Performs duties in an ethical manner and according to work instructions and procedures established under the TS 16949 and ISO 17025 quality program.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned by his/her immediate supervisor.
- Academic background: D.E.C. in plastics, chemistry, physics or petrochemistry
- Technical knowledge: knowledge of extrusion and injection and analysis methods for plastic materials, Word, Excel, ASTM and ISO-17025 test methods.
- Spoken and written languages : French, English
- Experience :1 year in the field of plastics processing
- Manual : Good dexterity
- Techniques: Ability to go through all the test steps based on a recipe provided by the person in charge of the R & D laboratory.
- Intellectuals: Analytical ability and good sense of observation
- Relational or communication skills: Sense of collaboration and team spirit
- Attitudes or behaviors sought: Confidentiality (formulas and recipes), perseverance
- Continental daytime schedule from monday to friday, 8 hours per day
Salaries and Bonuses
- Hourly rate of $18.25 according to the collective agreement.
What We Offer
- Permanent employment
- A company at the cutting edge of technology and concerned about the environment
- Group insurance (dental and medical plan)
- Opportunities for advancement
- Sick days
- Free parking
- Uniform provided
- Work equipment provided
- Very accessible public transit
- Work Location in Anjou