About the Lavergne
At Lavergne, we believe that there is enough plastic on earth to meet our future needs without ever creating new virgin plastic.
We are a Canadian company located in Anjou, in operation since 1986, and we have become the world leader in the production of sustainable engineering resin made from recycled plastic. Thanks to our unique know-how in polymer chemistry, our R&D experts and our ultra-modern facilities located around the world, we are able to offer specialized products and services adapted to the needs of major customers worldwide, in fields such as the automotive industry, electronics, as well as household appliances and furniture. We work in partnership with global leaders such as HP, Keurig, Dyson and others.
If you want to help protect the planet and be part of a winning team in a growing market, join us.
Overview of the Position
Under the supervision of the laboratory management, the laboratory technician is responsible for the conduct of various analytical tests. Work in the laboratory involves respect for ethics and standards (TS 16949 and ISO 17025).
- Prepares and/or injects the products to perform the tests;
- Changes the injection mould according to the method required for the tests;
- Carries out all tests required for production or any other requests and give accurate and reliable results according to the international standard ISO 17025;
- Communicates relevant information to the production personnel, the product manager and/or his superior as the case may be;
- Compile data, produce reports and statistical control charts based on the tests performed;
- Uses and maintains laboratory equipment, prepares solutions, reagents and formula samples;
- Verifies the calibration of equipment;
- Communicates any equipment malfunction or non-conformity to the person in charge of the equipment;
- Participates in the production on the “Macros” equipment;
- Assists in the development and implementation of sampling and analysis programs to ensure compliance with quality standards;
- Maintains production samples based on the quality control and policing plan of this inventory;
- Assists in the drafting and updating of laboratory work instructions;
- Participates in the training of new technicians;
- Attends department meetings;
- Attends training;
- Ensures a clean work environment;
- Communicates all the information necessary for the smooth running of the department: production, equipment, instructions, etc. at shift changeover;
- Executes his/her tasks in compliance with established health and safety policies and standards;
- Carries out his tasks in an ethical manner and in accordance with the work instructions and procedures established under the TS 16949 and ISO 17025 quality program;
- Performs all other related duties as assigned by his or her immediate supervisor.
- Academic background: E.C. in plastics, chemistry, physics and petrochemistry.
- Technical knowledge: Injection field, computer basics, Excel, ASTM and ISO-17025 test methods.
- Spoken and written languages : French, English
- Experience: 2 years in the plastics industry
Required skills :
- Good dexterity
- Organizational skills and good working methods
- Good oral and written communication
- Integrity, rigour, precision and curiosity
Continental working hours of 12 hours per day shift (from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm).
Salaries and Bonuses
To be discussed according to collective agreement
What We Offer
Permanent full-time employment
A company at the cutting edge of technology and concerned about the environment:
Group insurance (dental and medical plan)
Opportunities for advancement
Work material provided
Highly accessible public transport